To get something posted on South King Media’s network of local blogs, please follow these simple instructions:
HAVE A STORY IDEA OR NEWS TIP?
- If you have a news tip or story idea, please email it to scottscha(at)gmail.com or call our office at (206) 248-2565. You can also text us or leave a voicemail 24/7 at (206) 659-8768. NOTE: We do NOT charge to post relevant news stories about our community.
- If you’re a business owner interested in Advertising, or would like a Blogvertorial story posted, please contact Sales Manager Theresa Schaefer at [email protected], or call our office at (206) 248-2565.
- Send your words as plain text within an email or as an attached text file.
- Send separate PDFs or .jpegs of posters, artwork, etc. as attachments.
- Please do NOT send a Word doc with everything formatted like you think it should appear on the blog (i.e.: with bold/italic or embedded photos). We don’t work well with Word docs anymore, and it’s a big hassle to export everything properly for our website..
- Please do NOT embed photos within a Word document (oops, we said that already didn’t we?).
- Please do NOT email us Publisher files as we’re Mac-based and can’t read them (we can read PDF files though, but please make sure they allow copy & pasting of text – test it first!).
- To get your company’s marketing in front of our ~85-100,000+ engaged, local monthly Readers – and our growing social media network – please email Sales Manager Theresa Schaefer directly at [email protected] or call our office at (206) 248-2565.
- We now sell Help Wanted/Job Listings for just $35 per blog post! This includes a cross-posting to our very engaged social media fans (as of Dec., 2018 – 20,236 on Facebook and Twitter).
- Obits cost just $75 each – a much better deal than paying upwards of $600–$1,500 for an obit in a Seattle newspaper (plus, we rank very high in Google searches)! Please send text and a photo to scottscha(at)gmail.com.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR:
- We do not post every Letter to the Editor we receive.
- If your Letter is in reference to another media outlet, we encourage you to contact them directly.
- We may ask you to cite your sources if you’re making any claims.
- We are still considering how best to post Letters to the Editor. In the past we feel that certain groups have tried to “hijack” our blog to share their opinions. We currently carefully review and decide – at our discretion – which letters to post.
- Also, as of 7/15/17, our policy requires the use of your full, real name.
- Also, save your legal fees – we are not liable for the content of Letters to the Editor. We are protected under section 230 of the Communications Decency Act. More info here.
- If you’ve found or lost a pet, please email text about the animal (where lost or found, detailed description, etc.) – along with a .jpeg photo if possible – to scottscha(at)gmail.com.
- If you have any photos for us (we LOVE great Reader photos – check out these samples), please email them as a minimum 1200-pixel wide, higher-resolution .JPEG to scottscha(at)gmail.com.
- FOR NON-PROFITS: We do NOT charge to post for local non-profits (churches, charitable organizations, 501c3s, etc.) – just email your blurb (as plain text), including WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE and WHY to scottscha(at)gmail.com Please be sure to include a photo or logo.
- FOR BUSINESSES: For for-profits/businesses, we charge $100 for a ‘Blogvertorial’ story, which appears in our regular, main content section as a “Sponsored Post,” and if it’s an event, also in our Event Calendar. Email your text (and attach photos/posters/etc.) if you’d like it posted, and we will then email you an Invoice.
HOW TO REPAY US FOR HELPING YOU:
- THANK US PUBLICLY AT YOUR EVENT! A simple “Thanks to The B-Town Blog” shout-out will make us all fuzzy and warm!
- MAKE US AN IN-KIND SPONSOR! Email scottscha(at)gmail.com and we’ll send you a high-res version of our logo, which you can place on your poster/website.
- Donate to our Freelance Fund! These funds are earmarked to pay local Writers/Creators to do work for us. Email scottscha(at)gmail.com for details.
- Recommend/Share us to others who might enjoy our services.
- Be nice! Mean people suck. We’re humans with feelings too…a small Mom & Pop/totally indie family biz in fact!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at (206) 248-2565 or email scottscha(at)gmail.com. Please note that we receive a LOT of emails everyday; if we don’t respond right away it’s not that we’re ignoring you – it’s more likely that we’ve overlooked it (so just ping us again!).
THANKS for your consideration!