There will be a special Recycling Event on Saturday, April 10th from 9am to 3pm at the Tyee Educational Complex in SeaTac for King County residents.
Residents will be allowed to recycle bigger items at this event, like appliances, scrap metal, batteries, refrigerators, freezers and much more.
This event will be held at what was once Tyee High School, located at 4424 S. 188th Street in SeaTac.
Here are the details:
WHAT: Special Recycling Event for King County residents.
WHEN: Saturday, April 10th from 9am – 3pm.
WHERE: Tyee Educational Complex, located at 4424 S. 188th Street in SeaTac.
INFO: People will be allowed to recycle the following items:
- APPLIANCES & SCRAP METALS: Washers, dryers, stoves, hot water tanks, empty bbqs, lawnmowers, microwaves, auto parts, cast iron, steel. Remove all fuels. No car bodies. No air conditioners/items with chemicals.
- BATTERIES: Car, truck and marine lead acid batteries. Household alkaline, rechargeable and button batteries. Please sort large quantities by type.
- ALL FLUORESCENT TUBES/BULBS: Limit 10 per vehicle.
- OIL, OIL FILTERS & ANTIFREEZE: Motor oil, oil filters, diesel fuel, kerosene, antifreeze, transmission & steering fluids. Do not mix fluids. No gas or brake fluid.
- REFRIGERATORS & FREEZERS: $20 fee for each – cash only.
- TIRES: Auto & motorcycle tires. Tires with rims allowed, Maximum tire diameter – 18″.
- CLOTHING & HOUSEHOLD ITEMS:Clothing (all types, sizes) & reusable household “as is” items. No furniture or items needing repair. If not accepted, you must take them back. Donations benefit NWC. Tax receipts available.
- NO COMMERCIAL LOADS ALLOWED.