Four More Laser Pointing Incidents Friday Night
KOMO News reports that Friday night (April 17th) brought another flurry of laser beam pointing incidents of airplanes heading into Sea-Tac Airport for landings.
Four airplanes were targeted, beginning around 8:30pm, and this time the laser was red. Previously a green laser was used.
All airplanes landed safely without incident.
Investigators say that the laser was based in an area 2-3 miles north of the airport, near Glen Acres Golf Course and east of SR-509 (see map below).
Previously, the most recent laser incident happened last Saturday night (April 11th). Lasers have been pointed at over two dozen aircraft since February, and despite arresting and releasing a Burien man in March, police are still investigating.
It’s a felony to point lasers at airplanes, and if you saw anything unusual in that area, or know anything about this incident, please contact Port of Seattle Police immediately at 206-433-5400.
Read the full story here.
- Has The SeaTac Airplane Laser Pointer Returned?
- Laser Pointer Aimed At Airplane Tuesday Night
- Police Arrest Airplane Laser Suspect
- Another Laser Incident Near SeaTac Wed. Night
- Second Laser vs Airplane Incident Near Sea-Tac
- Laser Pointed At Numerous Aircraft Near SeaTac